Virginia Department of Transportation
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is responsible for overseeing construction and maintenance on Virginia's primary and secondary road system.
|An article on Wikipedia has information about Virginia Department of Transportation in areas beyond Albemarle County's borders.|
The Virginia Department of Transportation's Culpeper District is responsible for maintaining around 10,250 miles of state roads within a nine-county area including Charlottesville and Albemarle County. The Culpeper District includes 70 miles of interstate highways, 730 miles of primary road and 4,104 miles of secondary roads. John D. Lynch was appointed as the administrator in June 2013. 
- John D. Lynch, Culpeper District Administrator
- Joel DeNunzio, Charlottesville Residency Administrator
- Kenneth J. Shirley, District Construction Engineer
- Milton Thacker, District Maintenance Engineer
- D. Brent Sprinkel, Preliminary Engineering Manager
- Lou Hatter, Public Relations
- Alison DeTuncq, Commonwealth Transportation Board representative
- Web. Culpeper District Office, official site, Virginia Department of Transportation, Sept. 30, 2010, retrieved 5 Oct 2010.
- "Culpeper District." VDOT - Virginia Department of Transportation. Web. 04 Aug. 2009. <http://virginiadot.org/about/culpeper_quick.asp>.
- Web. VDOT announces new leader of Culpeper District, Rhonda Simmons, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, June 26, 2013, retrieved June 27, 2013.