The Lofts at Meadowcreek
The Lofts at Meadowcreek is a residential development proposed for a 2.83-acre lot on Pen Park Lane off of Rio Road East. It would feature 65 loft-style apartments atop an underground parking bay. Each apartment would have either one or two bedrooms, 18-foot ceilings, and a loft in the rear. The project's developer, William Park of Pinnacle Construction, hopes the apartments will attract young urban professionals and active retirees. Park has proposed including 13 affordable units (with rents affordable to those earning 80 percent of the area median income), 13 "workforce" units (affordable to those making 120 percent of the area median income), and 39 market rate units. It will face Treesdale Park, an affordable housing project that Park built in 2009 as part of a partnership with AHIP.
On June 4, 2013, the Albemarle Planning Commission recommended that the lot proposed for development be rezoned from R-4 residential to Neighborhood Model Development, allowing it to support the Lofts. On July 10, 2013, the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review the rezoning request. The developer deferred for several reasons, including a desire to get credit for by-right potential against the cash proffer expectations. 
- Web. Developer seeks 65 homes on crowded Rio Road East, Claudia Elzey, Charlottesville Tomorrow, 7 June 2013, retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Web. County planners approve Treesdale Park affordable housing development on Rio Rd, Connie Chang, Charlottesville Tomorrow, 11 Nov 2009, retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Web. Final Action Memo, Planning Commission Meeting, 5 June 2013, retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Web. County of Albemarle Executive Summary: The Lofts at Meadowcreek, 10 July 2013, retrieved 10 July 2013.
- Web. Albemarle makes slight modification to proffer policy; big changes postponed, Charlottesville Tomorrow, November 12, 2013, retrieved November 12, 2013.