| Sugar Hollow Dam
The Sugar Hollow Dam was constructed in 1946-1947 on the Moormans River to expand the public water supply system. The dam was originally called the Moorman's River Dam.
The dam forms the Sugar Hollow Reservoir, and is the highest of the RWSA's three dams.
Sugar Hollow Dam was built by Faulconer Construction during 1946-47. W.S. Grant, Jr. was the Resident Engineer.
Map & Photos
|Sugar Hollow Dam: Click any photo for more information
Coordinates: 38°08′16″N 78°44′34″W / 38.13778°N 78.742833°W
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Grant, W. S. Layout of Construction Plant for Moorman's River Dam. Digital image. Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority. Web. 23 Jan. 2010. <http://www.flickr.com/photos/cvilletomorrow/4299362178/>.
Sugar Hollow Dam on wikipedia