In 2015 Moran was named the Virginia superintendent of the year by the Virginia Association of School Superintendents, and previously served as the association's president. 
Moran has led the implementation of a project-based instructional model and a maker curriculum in the county schools. During her tenure, the school division opened specialized academies at its three comprehensive high schools: the Math, Engineering and Science Academy at Albemarle High School; the Health and Medical Sciences Academy at Monticello High School; and the Environmental Studies Academy at Western Albemarle High School.
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- Web. Albmarle schools superintendent opts against closing three elementary schools, Caite White, [[C-ville Weekly]], September 25th 10:49am
- Web. Albemarle superintendent Moran to retire in 2018, Haas chosen as successor, Josh Mandell work=, Charlottesville Tomorrow, September 28, 2017, retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Web. Moran named Virginia Superintendent of the Year, Staff reports, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, May 6, 2015, retrieved May 7, 2015.
- Web. [https://www2.k12albemarle.org/acps/division/superintendent/Pages/superintendent-about.aspx About the Superintendent, Pamela R. Moran, Ed.D.], work=, Albemarle County Public Schools, retrieved July 26, 2017.
- Web. Burley Varsity Club honors 11 community members, Staff reports, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, May 27, 2017, retrieved May 29, 2017.
5. Web. Albemarle's Moran making lifelong connections through learning, Michael Bragg, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, March 12, 2016, retrieved July 26, 2017.