Agnor-Hurt Elementary School
|This school article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Agnor-Hurt opened in September 1992 for kindergarten through grade 5 students from Cale, Greer, Hollymead, and Woodbrook Elementary Schools. The school was named in honor of Guy Agnor, former county executive, and Benjamin Franklin Hurt, an Albemarle educator and principal. 
In FY2013, Agnor-Hurt was considered to be about 100 students over capacity. A committee reviewed redistricting plans and presented three options on December 10, 2012. 
Agnor-Hurt is represented by Alex the Agnor-Hurt Alligator.
Earlier principals were:
- Michele Del Gallo Castner 2005-2017
- Linda Ferguson 2003-2005
- Sylvia Henderson 2000-2003
- Diane Behrens 1992-2000
Agnor-Hurt is located at 3201 Berkmar Dr.
- Web. AHES Fact Sheet, News Article, Albemarle County Public Schools, retrieved May 7, 2018.
- Web. Longtime AHS principal Hurt dies, Daily Progress Staff Reports, Obituary, Charlottesville Daily Progress, August 13, 2018, retrieved August 14, 2018.
- Web. Albemarle school redistricting panels developing options, Aaron Richardson, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, November 24, 2012, retrieved November 26, 2012.
- Web. New principals for two Albemarle County schools, News Staff, News Article, CBS19 News, February 23, 2018, retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Web. School fact sheet, Albemarle County, retrieved 27 Sep 2009.