Woodbrook Elementary School
Woodbrook Elementary School is an Albemarle County public elementary school providing pre-K through 5th grade. Woodbrook is a part of both the Northern Feeder Pattern and students will attend Jack Jouett Middle School and graduate from Albemarle High School. 
At the beginning of the 2019 school year, Woodbrook reported an enrollment of 580 students enrolled in pre-K through 5th grade.
A 16-classroom addition to Woodbrook Elementary opened for the 2018-2019 school year, allowing enrollment to increase from 348 students in 2017 to 534 students in 2018. The school is transitioning to multi-age classrooms. 
|This school article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Woodbrook Elementary was built in 1966 in the heart of urban Albemarle County. Woodbrook has an extremely diverse student body and was awarded Virginia Board of Education's Excellence Award in 2008 and 2009. Woodbrook was named a Distinguished Title I School for 2007 and 2008. Woodbrook was designated as a Title I Focus School in 2016 after failing to meet performance benchmarks for state Standards of Learning assessments.
Description from 2019 State of the Division Annual Report
"Located in the urban ring of Albemarle County, Woodbrook Elementary is a beautifully updated facility that doubled in size during the 2018-19 school year and went from serving approximately 350 to about 580 diverse students. With this change in size came a paradigm shift in Woodbrook’s instructional model. The newly designed space includes open classrooms where teachers and students can learn and grow together in multi-age settings. Woodbrook is a neighborhood school that thrives on community partnerships to support each child in their academic and social and emotional growth—working together to instill a lifelong love for learning." 
The current principal of Woodbrook Elementary is Kristen Williams
The following is a list of people who have served as principal.
|2019 - present||Kristen Williams|
|2010 - present||Lisa Molinaro|
|2006 - 2010||William Sterrett|
|2005 - 2006||Luvelle Brown|
|2001 - 2005||Karen Marcus|
|1987 - 2001||Keith Hammon|
|1983 - 1987||William Reaves|
|1976 - 1983||Sylvia Henderson|
|1974 - 1976||Ron Zimmerman|
|1971 - 1974||Fulton Marshall|
|1970 - 1971||John Biller|
|1968 - 1970||David Lerch|
|1966 - 1968||Charles Simmons|
Woodbrook Elementary is located at 100 Woodbrook Drive.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Web. Woodbrook Elementary School Fact Sheet, retrieved November 20, 2019.
- ↑ Web. Woodbrook planning swift, total transition to multiage learning, Josh Mandell, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, June 24, 2017, retrieved June 25, 2017.
- ↑ Web. Woodbrook Elementary School Quality Profile, Virginia Department of Education, retrieved June 26, 2017.
- ↑ Web. State of the Division: A Work In Progress, Office of Strategic Communications, Annual Report, Albemarle County Public Schools, retrieved November 20, 2019.
- School website
- [http://schoolquality.virginia.gov/schools/woodbrook-elementary Virginia School Quality Profile:
- 2018-19 Strategic Improvement Plan
- 2019-20 Strategic Improvement Plan
- 2019 Elementary School Climate Survey