West Main Restaurant
|Key people||Anderson McClure, Pat McClure|
West Main Restaurant is the former name of an eatery located at 333 West Main Street in Charlottesville. It is part of the Virginian family of restaurants.
This iteration closed in 2015 to become Tavern & Grocery. 
West Main is located in the Inge building, which was constructed in 1820. In 1890, the building was purchased by George P. Inge, an African-American businessman who used it for a grocery store and his own residence for many years.
 The family lost possession of the house in the early 20th century and it became a restaurant at the time. A fire in the 1980's damaged much of the building, but it was restored. However, a portion of the first floor was not restored, allowing for people to glimpse the basement bar from the front entryway. 
Prior to being West Main, it was a restaurant called Awful Arthurs. Owners Anderson McClure and Pat McClure changed the name to West Main when they purchased the restaurant in 2004.
- ↑ Web. Introducing Tavern & Grocery, THE CHARLOTTESVILLE 29, January 29, 2016, retrieved January 28, 2016.
- ↑ Web. West Main Street Historic District, City of Charlottesville, retrieved March 29, 2012.
- ↑ Web. Our History, West Main Restaurant, retrieved March 29, 2012.
- ↑ Web. Andy McClure has the good food business Cornered, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, retrieved April 23, 2012. Print. October 19, 2010 , #22.42, .