Piedmont Environmental Council
Founded in 1972, the Piedmont Environmental Council (PEC) works throughout Virginia's central and northern Piedmont region to safeguard the landscapes, communities and heritage of the Piedmont by involving citizens in related public policy and land conservation.
PEC's headquarters is located in Warrenton, VA. However, there is a satellite office in Charlottesville. The staff of four in PEC's Charlottesville office work with citizens to solve the many land use and conservation challenges facing the Charlottesville and Albemarle area.
Buy Fresh Buy Local
In 2006, PEC launched Virginia's first Buy Fresh Buy Local chapter in Charlottesville, which has since expanded to include six other chapters. In addition to the annual printed guides sent to area homes, PEC is also hosts and maintains the Buy Fresh Buy Local website.
In 2017, the PEC and the Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission were awarded a "Strengthening Systems" grant from the Charlottesville Area Community Foundation to promote construction of greenways and trails in the region. 
- Rex Linville, Albemarle and Greene Land Conservation Officer
- Jessica Palmer, Buy Fresh Buy Local Coordinator
- Paula Combs, Senior Writer & Editor
- Katherine Vance, Communications Specialist
- "Residential Development in Charlottesville and Albemarle", November 10, 2006: Reported that the Charlottesville and Albemarle County 17,832 approved approximately 17,832 housing units between 2000 and 2006. The report claimed that this would satisfy the region's housing needs through 2039. An appendix included in the report lists the specific approvals.
- Visit the office location above
- Phone 434.977.2033
- Email email@example.com.
- The Places PEC Works Piedmont Environmental Council
- Web. Greenway experts emphasize importance of grassroots engagement, Brian Wheeler, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, November 11, 2017, retrieved November 13, 2017.
|This article relies on references to primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject, rather than references from independent authors and third-party publications. Please add citations from reliable sources.|