Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pantops Mountain is in Albemarle County, directly east of Charlottesville across the Rivanna River. In 1777, Thomas Jefferson purchased some of the land for use as a farm.
According to Edward C. Mead, "Pantops--formerly written 'Pant-Ops'--was therefore, so named by Mr. Jefferson from two Greek words...meaning 'all-seeing,' significant of the extended view from its summit." 
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.|
Pantops could refer to:
- Pantops Shopping Center,
- Pantops (neighborhood), a growth-area neighborhood in Albemarle County,
- the Pantops Master Plan for that neighborhood, or
- the proposed Pantops fire station
- Pantops Community Advisory Council
- ↑ Mead, Edward C. Historic Homes of the South-West Mountains Virginia. 1978. C.J, Carrier Company, Harrisonburg, VA. 41.
- ↑ Web. Yesteryears: Pantops, Part 1: Education an important part of corridor's early history, David Maurer, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, December 31, 2016, retrieved January 5, 2017.