McIntire Botanical Garden
Board of Directors
- Other Board Members
- Accounting Assistant – Denise Harper
- Business Development - Paula Pagonakis
- Social Media - Riley Panko
According to the City of Charlottesville's Website, there have been two public meetings so far about the design of the garden. The last one was on September 3rd, 2014. Closed meetings have continued since then between McIntire Botanical Garden's and City Staff.
Draft Memorandum of Understanding
On January 27th, City Staff drafted a memorandum of understanding which would guide the formal relationship between McIntire Botanical Garden and the City of Charlottesville.
Other botanical garden proposals
Charlottesville Botanical Garden is a competing non-profit organization with similar goals. At a McIntire Botanical Garden meeting held Aug. 28 2008, Lonnie Murray, a representative of that group, said he would be willing to merge the two groups.
- City makes botanical garden partnership official, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, September 16, 2013.
- Web. Officers, Board, Volunteers, McIntire Botanical Garden, retrieved April 18, 2014.
- Botanical garden supporters see future in McIntire Park, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, August 29, 2009.