Hazen and Sawyer
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Hazen and Sawyer is an engineering firm that specializes in the design of water and wastewater treatment plants. They were hired by the Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority to design improvements to reduce the amount of nitrogen and phosphorous released into the watershed.
- Rivanna Pump Station - (RWSA)
- Consultant for upgrades to the Crozet, Scottsville, and Urban Ring disinfection practices - (RWSA)
In 2010, the firm provided the engineering and design work for a $27.7 million upgrade of the Culpeper Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Hazen and Sawyer were the consulting firm for the Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority when they were deciding how to best meet the EPA's new disinfection byproduct regulations.  They recommended the use of chloramines partially because of its low cost. 
- Home | Hazen and Sawyer. Web. 25 June 2010. <http://www.hazenandsawyer.com/>.
- "Digester Gas Usage Optimization: The Moores Creek WWTP | Projects | Hazen and Sawyer." Home | Hazen and Sawyer. Web. 25 June 2010. <http://www.hazenandsawyer.com/work/projects/LFG-moores-creek-wwtp/>.
- "Cleaner Wastewater | Culpeper Star-Exponent." Home | Culpeper Star-Exponent. Web. 25 June 2010. <http://www2.starexponent.com/cse/news/local/article/cleaner_wastewater/59698/>.
- Web. Water authority and activists preparing for chloramines information session, Courtney Beale, Charlottesville Tomorrow, 18 June 2012, retrieved 20 June 2012.