Broadus Wood Elementary School
Broadus Wood Elementary School is an elementary school outside Earlysville that serves northwest Albemarle County and is part of the Northern Feeder Pattern.
At the beginning of the 2019 school year, Broadus Wood reported 287 students in kindergarten through fifth grade.  
In 2022, a committee is recommending keeping the namesake. 
|This school article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
The school, which was originally known as Earlysville High School was founded in 1905 and opened one year later on land donated by Broadus Ira Wood. The first class of 52 students came after three one-room schools were merged into one. This originally school burned in 1935, but enough of the structure remained to make a section of the replacement. At this point the name was changed to Broadus Wood. The school remained a high school until Albemarle High School opened in 1953. At that point it was converted into an elementary school.
Description from the 2019 State of the Division annual report
"Broadus Wood Elementary School is a community of learners and learning, through relationships, relevance and rigor, one student at a time. We are committed to creating a culture of high expectations for every student and removing practices that perpetuate the achievement gap." 
The current principal is Amy Morris. The following is a list of people who have served as principal.
|2016 - present||Amy Morris|
|2010 - 2016||Kendra King|
|1998 - 2010||Barbara Edwards|
|1994 - 1998||Mary King|
|1989 - 1994||Janet Seale|
|1986 - 1989||Charlene Gill|
|1966 - 1986||Marjorie Webber|
|1952 - 1966||Elwood Hall|
|1950 - 1952||Thomas Hurlburt|
|1946 - 1950||Norman Morris|
|1942 - 1946||Phillip Peyton|
|1937 - 1942||Norman Morris|
|1931 - 1937||Joel Kidd|
|1929 - 1931||Harvey Reed|
|1927 - 1929||John Apperson|
|1925 - 1927||William Rowan|
|1921 - 1925||Boyde Payne|
|1917 - 1920||Irene Barksdale|
|1916 - 1917||Elizie Purvis|
|1914 - 1916||William Straley|
|1913 - 1914||Minor Zuiedenia|
|1912 - 1913||Elmer Crigler|
|1909 - 1912||E. Givens|
|1906 - 1909||Edward Birckhead|
The Mascot is the Bobcat. 
Broadus Wood Elementary is located at 185 Buck Mountain Rd.
- Phone: (434) 973-3865
- Fax: (434) 973-3833
Renovations and repairs
A project is underway to replace the well system to become compliant with Virginia Department of Health requirements. The project has a $425,000 budget. 
- ↑ Web. Broadus Wood Elementary School, School Quality Profile, Virginia Department of Education, retrieved November 17, 2019.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Web. BWES Fact Sheet, retrieved November 17, 2019.
- ↑ Web. Broadus Wood Elementary School may retain name, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Town Crier Productions, February 16, 2022, retrieved February 26, 2022.
- ↑ Web. State of the Division: A Work In Progress, Office of Strategic Communications, Annual Report, Albemarle County Public Schools, retrieved November 17, 2019.
- ↑ Web. FES Quarterly Report – April 2021, News Article, Albemarle County Department of Facilities and Environmental Services, April 2021, retrieved April 24, 2021.
- Official school website
- Virginia School Quality Profile
- 2018-19 Strategic Improvement Plan
- 2019-20 Strategic Improvement Plan
- 2019 Elementary School Climate Survey
- Official Twitter account