Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is a date listing important or significant events that happened (or will happen) on events for the year 1995
- April 19 – The first Fridays After Five concert at the new amphitheater on the east end of the mall is held. The concert draws the largest turnout ever: an estimated 4,000 people and 100 dogs. 
- July 1 – On June 29, 1995, single mother Paula Johnson gave birth to baby girl she named Callie at the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville. The next day, in the same maternity ward, 18-year-old Kevin Chittum and his 16-year-old girlfriend Whitney celebrated the birth of their daughter Rebecca. Investigators determined Rebecca and Callie were switched in the nursery between 6 and 8:30 a.m. on July 1, 1995.
- Web. Timeline: Major Downtown Mall developments, Staff reports, News Article, The Daily Progress, retrieved September 19, 2020.
- Web. SWITCHED AT BIRTH: The mistake that changed maternity wards, 6 New Richmond, VA, Posted at 9:02 AM, Nov 11, 2013 and last updated 7:07 AM, Nov 14, 2013, retrieved Feb. 6, 2023.
- Web. Loose bracelets led to Virginia baby swap, Tampa Bay Times, Times Publishing Company, Published Nov. 21, 1998|Updated Sep. 14, 2005, retrieved Feb. 6, 2023.