White Hall School

From Cvillepedia
Jump to: navigation, search

White Hall School was a school for African-American children in the mid 20th's century. It closed in 1959 and was located at 3168 Browns Gap Turnpike in Crozet. [citation needed]

Closure

On November 2, 1959, the Albemarle School Board and Board of Supervisors voted to close the school and several other Black schools in favor of a new Black-only elementary school in Ivy. [1]

References

  1. Web. Ivy Residents Planning Court Action to Halt Construction of Negro School, Staff Reports, Daily Progress Digitized Microfilm, Lindsay family, November 17, 1959, retrieved February 15, 2022.