Walker Upper Elementary School
Coordinates: 38°03′14″N 78°29′01″W / 38.053794°N 78.483635°W
Walker Upper Elementary School is the school for grades 5-6 in the City of Charlottesville's school system. Located at 1564 Dairy Rd, adjacent to the Charlottesville City Schools Administration Office Building and to the Crow Recreation Center in the northwest area of the city. The school is named in honor of Haswell Hunter Walker, who retired in 1966, the same year the school was opened, from a 42 year-long career in city schools, primarily teaching math at Midway/Lane High School.
The school mascot is a wolverine. 
Adam Hastings began as principal in 2018. 
There is an active proposal to reconfigure and redevelop.
See this section of the Charlottesville Schools Page for the updated info.
School Population (June 2011)
- Enrollment: 547
- Asian/Pacific Islander: 5.3%
- African American: 42.0%
- Hispanic: 7.9%
- White: 44.4%
- ESL students: 18.3%
- Gifted students: 35.6%
- (Special Education students: 15.9%
- Pupil/teacher ratio: 16.25:1
- ↑ Web. Staff Directory, retrieved 5 June 2012.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Web. [http://www.ccs.k12.va.us/schools/walker/docs/WLKProfile2011-12.pdf Walker Upper Elementary School], retrieved 25 June 2012.
- ↑ Web. Four new Charlottesville principals charting course for academic year, Josh Mandell, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, September 2, 2018, retrieved September 2, 2018.
Official site Facility utilization study website