Scheivert led the county school division's Department of Accountability, Research and Technology (DART). He oversaw the development of a countywide broadband network through the Educational Broadband Service, a range of electromagnetic frequencies reserved for school use by the Federal Communications Commission.
In 2015, Scheivert was given the chief technology officer of the year award from Consortium for School Networking, a national association of school system technology leaders.
Scheivert was named the new assistant superintendent for digital innovation for Loudoun County Public Schools in June 2017.
- Web. Our Departments, Albemarle County Public Schools, retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Web. CBJ: Personnel File, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, 7 Feb 2011, retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Web. A school district is building a DIY broadband network, Chris Berdik, The Hechinger Report Schools, June 12, 2017, retrieved July 10, 2017.
- Web. [https://www2.k12albemarle.org/acps/division/communications/newsroom/Pages/Albemarle%20County%20Public%20Schools%E2%80%99%20CIO,%20Vince%20Scheivert,%20Receives%20National%20Technology%20Leadership%20Award.aspx/ Albemarle County Public Schools’ CIO, Vince Scheivert, Receives National Technology Leadership Award], Phil Giaramita, Albemarle County Public Schools, March 23, 2015, retrieved July 10, 2017.
- Web. As CIO prepares to move on, county schools look to continue projects, Michael Bragg, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, July 9, 2017, retrieved July 10, 2017. Print. July 10, 2017 page A1.