Village of Rivanna Master Plan
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
County staff are developing a master plan to guide development for the Village of Rivanna, one of the County's designated growth areas. The plan covers a 2.7 square mile area that encompasses a population of 1,855 people.
- Albemarle County Planning Commission work sessions on December 12, 2006.
- June 27, 2007 Citizens Planning Academy
- The Village of Rivanna Master Plan Community Workshop (#1) on July 30, 2007
- Albemarle County Planning Commission work session on October 16, 2007
- November 27, 2007 Stakeholder’s Group
- January 10, 2008 Stakeholder’s Group
- The Village of Rivanna Master Plan Community Workshop (#2) on January 30, 2008
- The Village of Rivanna Master Plan Community Workshop (#3) on March 3, 2008
- Albemarle County Planning Commission work session on September 23, 2008.
- February 11, 2008 Stakeholder’s Group
- March 3, 2008 –Public Workshop: Transportation
- June 4, 2008 Stakeholder’s Group
- June 17, 2008 –Check-in with Planning Commission
- The Village of Rivanna Master Plan Community Workshop (#4) on November 19, 2008
- Albemarle County Planning Commission update on March 17, 2009.
- On September 8, 2009, the Albemarle County Planning Commission revisited the Village of Rivanna Master Plan and adopted a resolution of intent to incorporate it into the county’s Comprehensive Plan. A revised draft will be shared with the public in advance of a public hearing. Before it sets a date for that meeting, the Commission requested that staff provide additional information regarding traffic data, developable acreage in the area, and how new development will impact commuter time for residents. A future work session is expected to be held before December 2009. The Commission will recommend a final master plan to be reviewed by the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
- At an October 13 2009 work session, the Planning Commission said it will not recommend the approval of rezonings for the village.
- November 17 2009: The Planning Commission unanimously recommended approval of the draft master plan to the Board of Supervisors.
- February 3, 2010: Board of Supervisors holds work session and directs staff to set a public hearing date
- May 12, 2012: Public hearing before the Board of Supervisors
- Village of Rivanna Fact sheet, retrieved August 7, 2009
- Wheeler, Brian A. "Village of Rivanna voices strong opinions on growth and transportation." Weblog post. Charlottesville Tomorrow News Center. Charlottesville Tomorrow, 13 Dec. 2006. Web. 7 Aug. 2009. <http://cvilletomorrow.typepad.com/charlottesville_tomorrow_/2006/12/village_voice.html>.
- 'County Planning Commission receives update on Village of Rivanna master plan', Sean Tubbs, September 29, 2008, retrieved on 10-21-2008
- Gordon, Fania. "County planners question commitment to infrastructure for Rivanna master plan." Weblog post. Charlottesville Tomorrow News Center. Charlottesville Tomorrow, 20 Mar. 2009. Web. 7 Aug. 2009. <http://cvilletomorrow.typepad.com/charlottesville_tomorrow_/2009/03/rivanna-master-plan.html>.
- Web. County planners will send a Rivanna master plan draft to public hearing, Connie Chang, Charlottesville Tomorrow, October 2, 2009 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "ctcomprehensiveintent" defined multiple times with different content
- Web. County planners set public hearing date for Rivanna master plan, Connie Chang, Charlottesville Tomorrow, October 15, 2009 Also printed in the Daily Progress October 15 2009.