Van der Linde Recycling
|Van der Linde Recycling and Container Rentals|
|Type||Trash Disposal and Recycling|
|Founder||Peter van der Linde|
|Headquarters||73 Hunters Branch Road, Troy, VA|
Van der Linde Recycling is a recycling company located in Zion Crossroads, Virginia.
The MRF processes mixed waste to separate out recyclables from refuse. 
The City of Charlottesville signed a contract with the company in June 2010, agreeing to have Waste Management ship the city's trash to Van der Linde's MRF in exchange for $33 per ton.
A number of private trash disposal companies that serve Albemarle County residents, including Dixon Disposal and Time Disposal, also took waste to the Zion Crossroads facility.
On July 10, 2013, the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors reviewed an offer van der Linde submitted in response to a Request for Proposals initiated in May 2013. Van der Linde proposed that Van der Linde Recycling would operate three 'convenience centers' in the county where residents could bring their trash and recycling.
The company announced in February 2018 it would close its household waste center. 
The Rivanna Solid Waste Authority sued Peter van der Linde in 2009. 
- ↑ Web. Waste Works lawsuit for dumb-dumbs: or a busy citizens guide to the local waste war, Dave McNair, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, Jan 13, 2010
- ↑ Web. Don Van der Linde? Wasteworks whacks recycler with RICO, David McNair, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, 17 Aug 2009, retrieved 22 July 2013.
- ↑ Web. Timely disposal: City dumps RSWA for Van der Linde, David McNair, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, 30 June 2010, retrieved 22 July 2013.
- ↑ Web. GREEN HOME-Stop recycling! Local haulers want to do it for you, David McNair, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, 22 April 2010, retrieved 22 July 2013.
- ↑ Web. Albemarle Board of Supervisors Executive Summary for 10 July 2013, Tom Foley, County of Albemarle, 10 July 2013, retrieved 2 Aug 2013.
- ↑ Web. February 2018 MSW Update, Van der Linde Recycling (via archive.org), February 18, 2018, retrieved December 31, 2021.
- ↑ Web. Trash talking: RSWA breaks silence on lawsuit, David McNair, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, 24 Oct 2009, retrieved 22 July 2013.