University of Virginia Foundation
The foundation was established in 1993 as the University of Virginia Real Estate Foundation, and it is still sometimes referred to as such.
The foundation's board of directors consists of major officials in the University's administration.
The idea of a real estate foundation to purchase property in Albemarle and Charlottesville dates back to 1985 when city and county officials learned about it. Municipal officials were concerned that such a foundation would purchase land in the localities, eliminating it from the tax rolls and from local zoning laws. The Board of Supervisors appointed Gerald Fisher, Timothy Lindstrom and Guy Agnor to a joint committee to study the matter further.  It was agreed that the foundation would be private, not public, which would mean any property it held would be subject to local property taxes.
- Tim Rose, Chief Executive Officer
- Patrick McCann, Chief Financial Officer
- Bill Cromwell, Director of Real Estate Asset Management
- Claire Hume, Director of Financial Services
- Deborah van Eersel, Chief of Staff and Director of Marketing
- Frederick A. Missel, Director of Design & Development
- Fontaine Research Park
- Boar's Head Inn
- Morven Farms
- Cavalier Inn
- Birdwood Golf Course
- University of Virginia Research Park
|This article does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources (ideally, using inline citations). Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.|
- Web. County of Albemarle, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors Minutes, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, Albemarle County, May 14, 1986, retrieved May 26, 2019.