Commissioner Tom Loach (White Hall)
|Electoral District||White Hall Magisterial District|
|Preceded by||Duane Zobrist|
|Succeeded by||Jennie More |
Albemarle County Planning Commission
|Preceded by||Marcia Joseph|
|Succeeded by||Duane Zobrist|
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Loach has lived in Crozet since 1989, and is a former president of the Crozet Community Association. Loach retired from the University of Virginia, where he worked as a systems analyst for many years. In 2010, he began assisting Albemarle County's Commonwealth's Attorney office as a volunteer helping to process warrants.
Loach was involved in the creation of the Crozet Master Plan, though later became a critic of how the County's Community Development Department was implementing the plan. In 2007, he ran for the Board of Supervisors seat held by David Wyant, but dropped out of the race after listening to concerns that he would take votes away from Ann Mallek. Mallek eventually won the seat, and appointed Loach to the Planning Commission.
- Web. Albemarle County Board of Supervisors Appoint New Planning Commission Members, Press Releases, Albemarle County, January 7, 2016, retrieved January 8, 2016.
- Web. County body still taking shape for ’12, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, January 10, 2012, retrieved January 12, 2011.
- Web. Albemarle sheriff lends reserve member to help with investigations, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, November 27, 2010, retrieved November 29, 2010.
- Web. County of Albemarle, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors Minutes, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, Albemarle County, September 4, 1996, retrieved July 17, 2019.
- Marshall, Jack. Board list on ASAP letterhead in letter to Brian Wheeler. 30 Nov. 2004. MS.