- Timmons assisted Charlottesville in formulating the master plan for Forest Hills Park.
- Timmons provided civil engineering services for the Joint-Use Intelligence Analysis Facility at the Rivanna Station Military Base.
- In 2010, Charlottesville hired the Timmons Group to conduct study of possible costs of of Chesapeake Bay TMDL for city government
- In 2019, the company was awarded $1.08 million contract for Emmet Street Streetscape 
- official site, Timmons Group, retrieved 3 Jul 2009.
- Forest Hills Park Planning, City of Charlottesville, retrieved 3 Jul 2009.
- Timmons Group Selected by the City of Charlottesville for Forest Hills Park Renovations Timmons Group press release, February 13, 2008, retrieved 3 Jul 2009.
- Timmons Group to Provide Civil Engineering Services for Joint-Use Intelligence Analysis Facility, Timmons Group press release, May 30 2008, retrieved 3 Jul 2009.
- Web. Planning and Coordination Council Technical Committee Meeting Notes, January 20, 2011, retrieved February 1, 2011.
- Web. Contract awarded for Emmet Streetscape engineering work, Staff Reports, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, April 10, 2019, retrieved April 19, 2019.