Talk:List of transportation projects
The entire list of transportation projects needs some work. I don't know what form that will take, but I wanted to add three new projects to this list today, and saw there wasn't a list of distinct sidewalk projects. I've added that now, and am creating a spreadsheet to help me organize it all. Stay tuned. --Seantubbs (talk) 16:09, 4 August 2019 (EDT)
- I am slowly adding to this, and there won't be order for a while. There's a lot to update and not all of it will be clean at first. For instance, I just added a bridge replacement project for Route 240, but this just goes to a section of the Route 240 page rather than a new page. I will get a new page at some point, but for now I mostly just want the information updated. Order to come later! --Seantubbs (talk) 20:49, 17 August 2019 (EDT)
Baffled by this page
I was going to try to clean this up, but it seems like there's a mixture of intent here. Of importance:
- links to the "original" or "official" version are broken.
- unless you really want this to be promotional, it's highly promotional.
- Clarify how this differs from transporation cats/portal?
- one of the "sources" is really a footnote about the intent of the page. --B.S. Lawrence 11:29, 19 July 2009 (EDT)
- On our old website, we had a section called the Transportation Matrix which was a one-stop location for all of the area's transportation projects. We want to continue that here as best we can, but obviously we still need to make some of the connections because our Matrix is now in a wiki format as opposed to being in an .HTML file. Now that we no longer use GetActive, we would still like to duplicate the Matrix in some form here. In general, I think we want a "matrix" to be an easy way for people to see at a glance what projects are on the books, on planning stages, etc.--Seantubbs 16:59, 20 July 2009 (EDT)
- Some of that is accomplished, with the transportation projects category; they're "all in one place". Not so much "at a glance", though. May I suggest you create "List of transportation projects" with a sortable wikitable? I think that would come close to what you used to have (although my memory is fuzzy on what it used to look like.) --B.S. Lawrence 18:40, 20 July 2009 (EDT)
Since there wasn't any further panic about this, I've completed the move to List of transportation projects, and cleaned up the old Transportation Matrix where it came from. -- B.S. Lawrence 13:18, 25 March 2012 (EDT)