Stony Point Elementary School
Stony Point Elementary is an Albemarle County public elementary school located in the Stony Point community and providing pre-K through 5th grade. Stony Point is a part of both the Northern Feeder Pattern and the Southern Feeder Pattern and students from Stony Point will attend either Burley Middle School and graduate from Monticello High School or continue to Sutherland Middle School and graduate from Albemarle High School. 
Stony Point Elementary was founded in 1908 and named for its rural surroundings. The original school consisted of four rooms and was heated by wood-burning stoves. Many of the students had to endure up to a four-mile walk until the first "bus," a horse-drawn carriage with a man named Obe Flint at the wheel. The current building was constructed in 1934 in the same location as the original school and until 1953 students from all grades attended. In 1953, Stony Point accepted only elementary- and middle-school-aged students, moving grade 7 students to Jack Jouett Middle School. Finally, in 1974, grade 6 was moved to Burley Middle School and Stony Point contained only elementary school students.
Description from 2019 State of the Division Annual report
"Stony Point Elementary is a creative community of high-achieving learners who encourage each other to find and explore things about which they are passionate. It is our mission to foster an environment that allows our members to persevere to overcome challenges; to be unafraid to fail or innovate; and to believe that there is no limit to what we can accomplish." 
The following is a list of people who have served as principal.
|2021 - present||Maureen Jensen|
|2018 - 2021||LaTishia Wilson|
|2014 - 2018||H. Andrew Johnson|
|2007 - 2014||Carrie Neeley|
|2000 - 2007||David Cushman|
|1990 - 2000||Pamela Moran|
|1987 - 1990||Marian Henshaw|
|1975 - 1987||Keith Hammon|
|1974 - 1975||Elsie Holland|
|1970 - 1974||James Sledd|
|1960 - 1970||John Biller|
|1956 - 1960||Harold Walker|
|1955 - 1956||French Boone|
|1954 - 1955||Jesse Bell|
|1949 - 1954||Charles Gibbs|
|1948 - 1949||Phillip Jones|
|1945 - 1948||Rebecca Hurt|
|1943 - 1945||Gladys Leake|
|1942 - 1943||James Estes|
|1940 - 1942||Francis Addington|
|1922 - 1940||A. Austin|
|1920 - 1922||A. Shackleford|
|1919 - 1920||Mary Settle|
|1918 - 1919||Mrs. Parsons|
|1916 - 1918||A. Shackleford|
|1912 - 1916||W. Kavanaugh|
|1910 - 1912||R. Terrell|
|1908 - 1910||Jessie Ewell|
Stony Point Elementary is located at 3893 Stony Point Road.
- Web. Stony Point Elementary School Fact Sheet, retrieved November 20, 2019.
- Web. Stony Point Elementary School, School Quality Profile, Virginia Department of Education, retrieved November 20, 2019.
- Web. State of the Division: A Work In Progress, Office of Strategic Communications, Annual Report, Albemarle County Public Schools, retrieved November 20, 2019.
- Web. Albemarle County names three new principals, Staff Reports, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, May 28, 2021, retrieved June 4, 2021.
- School website
- Virginia School Quality Profile
- 2018-19 Strategic Improvement Plan
- 2019-20 Strategic Improvement Plan
- 2019 Elementary School Climate Survey