Stone-Robinson Elementary School
Stone-Robinson Elementary is an Albemarle County public elementary school providing pre-K through 5th grade. Scottsville is a part of the Southern Feeder Pattern and students from Stone-Robinson will attend either Burley Middle School or Walton Middle School and graduate from Monticello High School. 
|This school article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Stone-Robinson Elementary was founded in 1961 through the combination of two existing schools, Overton School and Cismont School. After much discussion, the school was named Stone-Robinson after Mary L. Stone, matriarch to the family upon whose land Overton was situated, and Reverend Leslie Robinson, the rector of Grace Episcopal Church in Keswick. The school remained segregated until 1966.
Description from 2019 State of the Division Annual Report
"At Stone-Robinson Elementary, we believe all students come to us with a natural curiosity and love for learning. We maintain high expectations and provide authentic learning experiences that nurture each child’s social, emotional and academic growth. At the heart of it all, we believe in building strong relationships with our students and community members that promote a positive school climate—one that is safe, kind, and inclusive of all." 
Stone-Robinson is different from other county schools in that it possesses a soccer field, a 1/5 mile track, a double basketball court, two baseball fields , as well as two playgrounds.
The following is a list of people who have served as principal
|2021 - present||Angela Stokes|
|2019 - 2021||Mark Green|
|2015 - 2019||Kristen Williams |
|2010 - 2015||Nicholas King|
|2001 - 2010||Ashby Kindler|
|1994 - 2001||Laurie McCullough|
|1991 - 1994||Juliet Jennings|
|1979 - 1991||Charlie Simmons|
|1969 - 1979||Tom Cox|
|1965 - 1969||Clarence McClure|
|1961 - 1965||Anna Watson|
Stone-Robinson Elementary is located at 958 N Milton Road.
- Web. Scottsville Elementary School Fact Sheet, retrieved November 20, 2019.
- Web. Stone-Robinson Lewis Elementary School, School Quality Profile, Virginia Department of Education, retrieved November 20, 2019.
- Web. State of the Division: A Work In Progress, Office of Strategic Communications, Annual Report, Albemarle County Public Schools, retrieved November 20, 2019.
- Web. Albemarle County names three new principals, Staff Reports, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, May 28, 2021, retrieved June 4, 2021.
- Web. Students, parents celebrate "making" at Stone-Robinson Design Challenge Night, Josh Mandell, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, April 25, 2017, retrieved December 31, 2017.
- School website
- Virginia School Quality Profile
- 2018-19 Strategic Improvement Plan
- 2019-20 Strategic Improvement Plan
- 2019 Elementary School Climate Survey