South Fork Rivanna Reservoir Dredging RFP selection committee
On June 5, 2009, the Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority (RWSA) announced the members of a selection committee to review proposals from firms that are interested in performing a series of dredging feasibility studies for the South Fork Rivanna Reservoir. The committee consists of nine members who will recommend a finalist. However, the RWSA Board of Directors will make the final decisions.
Proposals are being received through June 17, 2009. A schedule for the committee's meetings has not yet been made available.
On August 3, 2009, the committee interviewed two finalists, Nebraska-based HDR Engineering and Pennsylvania-based F.X. Browne. They will name their recommendation at a meeting on August 5, 2009 at 2:00 PM in the lower conference room at the Albemarle County Service Authority's main offices.
- Gary Fern, Executive Director of the Albemarle County Service Authority
- Tom Frederick, Executive Director of the Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority
- Mark B. Graham, Director of Community Development for Albemarle County
- Lauren Hildebrand, Utilities Director for the City of Charlottesville
- Chuck Kent, Capital Projects Engineer for the Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority
- Judy Mueller, Public Works Director for the City of Charlottesville
- Russ Perry, an architect with The Smith Group
- Marty Quinn, Utilities Engineer for the City of Charlottesville
- Rebecca Quinn, a water resources engineer working in private practice
- Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority Consultant Selection Committee for Dredging Study Named. Press release. Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority. 5 June 2009. Retrieved 7 June 2009.
- RWSA dredging committee interviews two firms; selection to come Wednesday, Julia Glendening & Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, August 4, 2009