South First Street
South First Street is a 58-unit public housing site owned and operated by the Charlottesville Redevelopment and Housing Authority. 
There are two phases of redevelopment in the planning stages at South First Street that will add a total of 142 subsidized units at the site. This is estimated to cost $30.8 million. 
The first is a by-right development of vacant land at the intersection of South First Street at Hartmans Mill Road that will see 63 new units. The second would replace the existing 58 units with 113 multifamily units, as well as a 7,000 square foot community center and 3,000 square feet of office space. 
|This article documents a current event. Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.|
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- Web. CRHA Sites, Webpage, Charlottesville Redevelopment and Housing Authority, Charlottesville, VA, retrieved August 27, 2019.
- Print: , , Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises , Page .
- Web. Planning Commission to hold work session on South First Street redevelopment, Nolan Stout, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, October 26, 2019, retrieved October 27, 2019. Print. October 27, 2019 page A1.
- Web. CRHA provides update on public housing redevelopment, Nolan Stout, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, November 22, 2019, retrieved November 23, 2019. Print. November 22, 2019 page A1.
- Web. City Council approves permit for second phase of South First Street redevelopment, Nolan Stout, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, January 8, 2020, retrieved January 9, 2020. Print. January 8, 2020 page A1.
- Web. Charlottesville City Council approves second phase of South 1st Street redevelopment project, Moriah Davis, News Article, NBC29, February 18, 2020, retrieved February 26, 2020.