Sidewalks are part of the urban fabric of any community. This page is intended will become a central source of information about planning for sidewalks. Charlottesville and Albemarle County each have different approaches and different amounts of money to spend.
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Albemarle County treats each new sidewalk as a distinct project.
- Crozet streetscape - Complete 
- Hydraulic-Barracks Sidewalk - Complete 
- South Pantops-State Farm Sidewalk - Under construction in October 2016
- Tabor-Hilltop Pedestrian Improvements - Albemarle seeking VDOT Transportation Alternatives funding 
The city of Charlottesville has a dedicated account in the capital improvement program devoted to new sidewalk construction. There is also a line item in the public works budget for sidewalk maintenance.
- Web. Crozet Streetscape Project, Albemarle County, retrieved July 18, 2020.
- Web. Hydraulic Road and Barracks Road Sidewalk Improvements, Albemarle County, retrieved July 18, 2020.
- Web. TA Set-Aside Pre-Application - Tabor-Hilltop Pedestrian Improvements, Kevin McDermott, County of Albemarle, retrieved August 4, 2019.
- Web. Council adopts Streets That Work policy; zoning review underway, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, September 7, 2016, retrieved July 18, 2020.