(Redirected from Public Safety)
Public safety in the area comprises police, fire, and rescue services administered through a variety of government and non-profit organizations.
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
The area is served by three police forces:
- Charlottesville Police Department
- Albemarle County Police Department
- University of Virginia Police Department
- November 23, 1933 – The Daily Progress reports that city officials would meet with the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors to discuss fire protection for homes outside city limits such as Fry's Spring, Meadowbrook Hills, and the southern portion of Belmont. At the time, service could not be provided unless approval came from the Charlottesville Mayor. 
- Web. City and County to Confer about Fire Protection, Daily Progress Digitized Microfilm, Lindsay family, November 24, 1933, retrieved November 24, 2022.