Potter's Craft Cider
|Potter's Craft Cider|
|Founder||Dan Potter, Tim Edmond|
|Headquarters||Free Union, VA|
|Area served||Charlottesville, VA|
Potter's Craft Cider is a cidery with a production space in Free Union. They make cider from local apples including the Virginia Winesap and Albemarle Pippin. They self-distribute and are available on draft and in bottles throughout the Charlottesville-Albemarle Area.
The company intends to cap growth at a certain level.
New location in Neve Hall
In late January 2019 it was announced that a state grant would allow the company to relocate into Neve Hall and quadruple its production. The $1.56 million in private investment will be matched by local and state grants. The state grant from the Agriculture and Forestry Industries Development (AFID) Fund and the local grant of $50,000 comes from the Albemarle County Economic Development Authority (EDA). 
The new location was set to open in November 2019. 
The $50,000 grant is governed by a performance agreement between Albemarle County, the company and the EDA. The specific source of the funding is from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services AFID program, which is "for the purpose of inducing the Company to construct and improve an agriculture and/or forestry processing/value-added facility using Virginia-grown products in the locality... thereby making a significant Capital Investment... creating a significant number of New Jobs and FTEs." Potter's has to create at least 5 new jobs and 7 "full-time equivalents." They also have to purchase either $519,794 worth or 2,572,600 pounds of Virginia-grown apples by April 30, 2022.  
- Web. Potter’s Craft Cider to Invest $1.56M in Albemarle County, Press Release, WVIR NBC29, January 30, 2019, retrieved February 8, 2019.
- Web. Potter's Craft to open tasting room in historic building, Allison Wrabel, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, November 10, 2019, retrieved November 12, 2019. Print. November 10, 2019 page A1.
- Web. [https://albemarle.legistar.com/View.ashx?M=F&ID=7153251&GUID=90D453E0-31DF-496F-9E81-DEEC5F2EDC8B GOVERNOR’S AGRICULTURE & FORESTRY INDUSTRIES DEVELOPMENT FUND PERFORMANCE AGREEMENT], retrieved November 14, 2019.
- Web. June 29, 2021: Belmont Bridge construction receives notice to proceed; Regional Housing Partnership 'Planning for Affordability', Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Community Engagement, Town Crier Productions, June 29, 2021, retrieved July 24, 2021.
- Web. Albemarle County Announces Lift Grant Recipients, Press Release, Albemarle County, August 27, 2020, retrieved September 9, 2020.