Patricia Kluge (nee Patricia Maureen Rose) was born in Baghdad and moved to Albemarle County in 1981. She was married to billionaire John Kluge for 9 years; the marriage brought Patricia to Albemarle County and though the Kluges divorced in 1990, Patricia stayed in the area, living at Albemarle House.
In 1999 Kluge established the Kluge Estate Winery and Vineyard with third husband William Moses. That property is now called the Trump Winery and is owned by Donald Trump. Kluge works at the Winery as General Manager.
Local real estate and commercial ventures
Local philanthropic efforts
- Kluge-Moses Science Building at Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Kluge Children’s Rehabilitation Center
- Kluge-Ruhe Aboriginal Art collection
- Web. The Money is Gone, but the Winery and a Woman's Resolve Remain, Geraldine Fabrikant, The New York Times, 30 September, 2011, retrieved 14 May, 2012.
- Web. The Rise and Fall of Patricia Kluge, Morgan Brennan, Forbes.com, 10 March, 2011, retrieved 14 May, 2012.
- Web. Kluge, husband move to New York City, Associated Press, October 12, 2012, retrieved October 17, 2012.
- Web. Reversal of Fortune: Albemarle House goes on the block, Provence, Lisa, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, 20 January, 2011, retrieved 14 May, 2012.