City Council Clerk
|Term Start||May 1 2010|
|Term End||September 21, 2018|
|Preceded by||Jeanne Cox|
|Succeeded by||Kyna Thomas|
Paige (née Barfield) Rice is a former clerk of the Charlottesville City Council, unanimously appointed by city council April 5 2010 and effective May 1. She resigned from the position in September 2018. 
Barfield worked for the University of Virginia Investment Management Company (UVIMCO) from May 2004 until March 2010.
Barfield was a member of the Junior League of Charlottesville from 2005-2013. She served on the Board of Directors in 2007, 2009 and 2010.
Barfield served on the Charlottesville Sister City Commission as a City representative. She also served on the 250th Anniversary Steering Committee as a City representative from 2010-2012.
Rice tendered her resignation on Sept. 12, 2018, over salary disputes. She wanted a higher pay than was provided when her job title was expanded to include chief of staff.
In June 2019, the Charlottesville Police Department announced that Rice had been indicted on one count of felony embezzlement for keeping an iPhone X and Apple Watch she purchased with city funds while she was clerk of council.
In July 2019, she was given a six-month suspended sentence, one year of probation, two years of good behavior and 200 hours of community service.
- Web. Council selects its new clerk, Daily Progress Staff, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, April 6, 2010, retrieved 5 May 2010.
- Web. Criticism Comes Down on City Council for Clerk of Council Budget Increase, Henry Graff, News Article, WVIR NBC29, September 14, 2018, retrieved January 24, 2019.
- Web. Charlottesville City Council Names New Clerk of Council, Chamber Member Business Today, Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce, 8 Apr. 2010, retrieved 6 May 2010.
- Web. Paige's Pay Cut, Matt Weyrich, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications
- Web. Rice pleads guilty to lesser charge in embezzlement case, Nolan Stout, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises