PLACE Design Task Force
The Placemaking, Livability and Community Engagement (PLACE) Design Task Force is an advisory panel created in 2012 that provides guidance to the Charlottesville City Council and the Planning Commission on urban design matters.  
The group meets on the second Thursday of the month.
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Council created the group in March 2012 as a successor to the Urban Design Committee, which had disbanded in 2003. At the time, NDS Director Jim Tolbert told Council the group would have been helpful during the discussion of the Belmont Bridge replacement. 
One of the group's first tasks was to help select a $150,000 consultant to oversee a land-use study for the Avon Street Corridor south of the Belmont Bridge.  This would later become the Strategic Investment Area.
In November 2013, Council agreed to expand membership to include one member of the Charlottesville Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Committee. 
|Lloyd Snook||Council rep||Concurrent with term|
|Navarre Bartz||At-Large||Appointed August 19/2019|
|Emily Wright||Arts||Appointed May 20, 2019|
|Cliff Fox||Development||Appointed August 19/2019|
|Rory Stolzenberg||Planning Commission||Concurrent with term|
|Rachel Lloyd||Preservation||Former secretary|
|Tim Mohr||Board of Architectural Review||Secretary; Concurrent with term|
|Andrew Mondschein||Multi-modal||University of Virginia|
|Susan Perkins||Arch/Land||Appointed May 20, 2019|
|Andrea Trimble||Arch||Appointed May 20, 2019|
|Mark Rylander||Tree Commission||Concurrent with term|
|Lena Seville||Bike/Ped||Concurrent with term|
- Kate Bennis (appointed July 18, 2016)
- Andrea Douglas, Arts
- Bill Emory
- Claudette Grant, Citizen-At-Large
- Paul Josey, Tree Commission (ex officio)
- Genevieve Keller, ex officio (Planning Com. rep)
- Peter O'Shea
- Richard Price, Architecture/Landscape
- Mark Watson, Development
- Clarence Green, Citizen-At-Large
- Serena Gruia, Arts
- Chris Henry, Development(Appointed July 18, 2016)
- Andres Pacheco, Arch/Land
- Mike Stoneking
- Fred Wolf
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- Memo to City Council regarding lighting study, December 15, 2015
- September 2017 recommendations on Belmont Bridge, building height calculation
- Web. City Council forms New Task Force for City Urban Planning, Ric Barrick, Press Release, City of Charlottesville, March 7, 2012, retrieved December 27, 2012.
- Web. Charlottesville City Council meeting minutes, .pdf, Council Chambers, City of Charlottesville, March 5, 2012.
- Web. PLACE Design Task Force, City of Charlottesville, retrieved 2019-02-05.
- Web. Council OKs task force to study Belmont Bridge corridor, Sean Tubbs, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, March 6, 2012, retrieved December 27, 2016.
- Web. PLACE task force considers West Main and Belmont Bridge, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, November 9, 2012, retrieved November 12, 2012.
- Web. Bike and pedestrian safety gets more attention in Charlottesville, Maggie Ambrose, Charlottesville Tomorrow, November 12, 2013, retrieved November 12, 2013.
- Print: August 31, 2020: UVA moves forward with reopening; Live Arts Forges Ahead with new season, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Community Engagement, Town Crier Productions.