|This topic is well-covered by the wikipedia article Orange County, Virginia|
In 2016, the county discussed the idea of creating a specialized Montpelier zoning district of about 2,000 acres that would allow for more agri-tourism events and would bring certain uses at Montpelier up to code. The idea was dropped in January 2017. 
|This article documents a current event. Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.|
In the race for Commonwealth's Attorney, S. Page Higginbotham III lost to incumbent Diana Wheeler O'Connell by 28 votes. Higginbotham has officially asked for a recount.  O'Connell prevailed in a recount. 
- Web. History of County, Government website, Orange County, Virgini, retrieved November 13, 2017.
- Web. Montpelier suspends zoning district discussion, Amber Galaviz, News Article, January 26, 2017, retrieved September 12, 2018.
- Web. County hosts Preddy Creek Park SUP hearing, Amber Galaviz, News Article, Orange County Review, September 7, 2018, retrieved September 9, 2018.
- Web. Orange supervisors terminate county administrator's employment, Staff reports, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, December 19, 2019, retrieved December 18, 2019. Print. December 20, 2019 page A3.
- Web. Higginbotham requests recount in Orange commonwealth's attorney election, Orange County Review Staff, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, November 23, 2019, retrieved November 24, 2019. Print. November 24, 2019 page A3.
- Web. Orange County Commonwealth's Attorney O'Connell prevails in recount, Hillary Holladay, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, December 14, 2019, retrieved December 23, 2019. Print. December 15, 2019 page A2.