North Pointe is a major neighborhood model development with a town center that is being planned by Great Eastern Management Company. It is expected to have 900 residential units on 264 acres with big box grocery store, a department store, hotel, and offices.
Work on the development's infrastructure got underway in the fall of 2016 and winter of 2017.  Turn lanes and shoulder improvements on U.S. 29 are under construction in early 2020. 
|This Neighborhood article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Location: East side of Route 29N past Airport and Proffit Roads before the North Fork of the Rivanna River.
- February 6, 2006 Work Session 
- March 2006 Town Hall 
- May 10, 2006 Public Hearing before Albemarle Board of Supervisors 
- August 2, 2006: Supervisors approve rezoning for North Pointe on a 4-2 vote. 
- October 17, 2016: Places29 North Committee briefed on development 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Web. New site plan for North Pointe development on 29N on the way, Josh Mandell, News Article, Charlottesville Tomorrow, October 17, 2016, retrieved October 18, 2016.
- ↑ Web. Project may impact traffic north of Airport Road, News Staff, News Article, CBS19, February 18, 2020, retrieved February 25, 2020.
- ↑ Web. North Pointe Needs More Work, Brian Wheeler, Charlottesville Tomorrow, retrieved October 17, 2016.
- ↑ Web. North Pointe Information Session, Andrew Owen, Charlottesville Tomorrow, March 8, 2006, retrieved October 17, 2016.
- ↑ Web. No decision at North Pointe Public Hearing, Brian Wheeler, Charlottesville Tomorrow, May 10, 2006, retrieved October 17, 2016.
- ↑ Web. North Pointe rezoning approved, Brian Wheeler, Charlottesville Tomorrow, August 3, 2006, retrieved October 17, 2016.