Miller Center of Public Affairs
|This topic is well-covered by the wikipedia article Miller Center of Public Affairs|
The Miller Center of Public Affairs is a non-partisan institution dedicated to studying national and international affairs. Located on Old Ivy Road, the Center was founded in 1975 and established because of a large donation from Tennessee philanthropist Burkett Miller.
- George Gilliam, Assistant Director for Public Programs and Chair of the Forum Program
The University of Virginia's Miller Center of Public Affairs, following Jefferson's vision of the University's public service mission, is a leading public policy institution that serves as a national meeting place where engaged citizens, scholars, students, media representatives, and government officials gather in a spirit of nonpartisan consensus to research, reflect, and report on issues of national importance to the governance of the United States, with special attention to the central role and history of the presidency.
The Miller Center is currently[when?] planning and raising funds for a major expansion that would add meeting and office space, as well as a new Virginia Presidential Research Library. Beginning in 2010, the center's programming airs on Delta Airlines flights.
Knight Challenge winner
- Web. Miller Centers Marks 35 Years of Enhancing the Public Discourse, Fitzgerald, Sharon C., Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, 27 Aug. 2010, retrieved 30 Aug. 2010.
- Web. [https://t.e2ma.net/message/c5gdh/g4i5wb William Antholis Named New Executive Director of UVa Miller Center], December 8, 2014, retrieved December 8, 2014.
- About Miller Center of Public Affairs
- Master Planning Council (MPC) MEETING NOTES - February 17, 2010. Rep. University of Virginia Office of the Architect. Web. 9 June 2010. <http://www.virginia.edu/architectoffice/pdf/MPCNotes021710.pdf>.
- Web. Delta to carry Miller Center programming, Staff reports, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, retrieved December 1, 2010.
- Web. Grant to Miller Center aims to help clarify state codes, Staff reports, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, June 22, 2011, retrieved June 24, 2011.