Martha Jefferson neighborhood
|Martha Jefferson neighborhood|
|High School||Charlottesville High School|
*Confirm attendance boundaries for individual homes with school divisions
There was a study of the hospital's impact on the neighborhood in 1977. A Martha Jefferson Hospital Area Task Force issued a report in early 1991. This group recommending keeping B-1 zoning for the offices along Locust Avenue, but a minority of that group issued a differing opinion. Council adopted some of their recommendations on January 7, 1991. 
On July 15, 1991, Council denied a request to convert the land use plan designation for six properties on Grove Avenue from business to residential. 
In April 2010, the Martha Jefferson Neighborhood Association formally asked the city to designate the neighborhood as a historic district. The district would include 125 structures along Locust, Lexington and Grove Avenues. During a meeting July 20, 2010, the Board of Architectural Review (BAR) unanimously voted to establish the Martha Jefferson Historic Conservation District.  The new designation calls for extra scrutiny any time a property owner wants to demolish a building or construct a new one.
- Martha Jefferson on CityData.com
- Web. Charlottesville City Council meeting minutes, .pdf, Council Chambers, City of Charlottesville, January 7, 1991.
- Web. Charlottesville City Council meeting minutes, .pdf, Council Chambers, City of Charlottesville, May 6, 1991.. . Also available in older archive.
- Web. Charlottesville City Council meeting minutes, .pdf, Council Chambers, City of Charlottesville, July 15, 1991.
- Dixit, Rachana By. "Martha Jefferson Neighborhood Applies for Designation | Charlottesville Daily Progress." Charlottesville News, Sports, Business, Events and Jobs | Charlottesville Daily Progress. Web. 28 Apr. 2010. <http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/article/martha_jefferson_neighborhood_applies_for_designation/55479/>.
- Feroldi, Jean. "BAR Reviews New Waterhouse Design, Grants Martha Jefferson Historic Conservation District." Charlottesville Tomorrow News Center. 22 July 2010. Web. 23 July 2010. <http://cvilletomorrow.typepad.com/charlottesville_tomorrow_/2010/07/july-2010-bar-.html>.
|North Downtown||Locust Grove||
|← Martha Jefferson →|