Significant events that happened (or will happen) on March 4.
- 1801 – The first inauguration of Thomas Jefferson as the third President of the United States was held on this Wednesday. The inauguration marked the commencement of the first four-year term of Thomas Jefferson as President and only four-year term of Aaron Burr as Vice President. The first president of the United States, George Washington, was not inaugurated until April 30.
- 1865 – Union Civil War General Philip H. Sheridan’s men spent the weekend of March 3-4-5 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) in Charlottesville doing considerable damage to the city and surrounding area.
- 2022 – Former city manager Tarron Richardson voluntarily withdraws lawsuit against Charlottesville City Council 
- ↑ Web. War Comes to Scottsville, Scottsville Museum Newsletter, retrieved April 18, 2021.
- ↑ Web. Former city manager Richardson drops lawsuit against Charlottesville City Council, city officials, Ginny Bixby, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, March 8, 2022, retrieved March 10, 2022.