Significant events that happened (or will happen) on March 12.
- 1912 – The Virginia General Assembly passed legislation permitting all cities and towns to adopt residential segregation ordinances.
- 2020 – Albemarle County and Charlottesville declared local emergencies in order to help coordinate public safety efforts to contain the spread of the disease. This gives officials more flexibility to conduct business. It resulted in the temporary halt of public meetings as well as the delay of the adoption of the FY21 budget in Albemarle County.  
- Web. Albemarle, Charlottesville declare local emergencies; schools cancel class March 16, Katherine Knott, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, March 12, 2020, retrieved March 12, 2020.
- Web. Albemarle County, Charlottesville issue Declarations of Local Emergency, News staff, News Article, CBS19, March 12, 2020, retrieved March 13, 2020.
- Web. Crews fight fire at Albemarle Co. apartment, News staff, News Article, WVIR NBC29, March 12, 2020, retrieved March 13, 2020.
- Web. Firefighters respond to apartment fire at Mallside Forest Court, Michael Caldwell, News Article, CBS19 News, March 12, 2020, retrieved March 13, 2020.