Louisa is governed by a seven-board member Board of Supervisors, each of whom is elected to represent a magisterial district. The county administrator is Christian R. Goodson.
Board of Supervisors
- Robert Babyok, Chair, Green Springs District, term expires December 31, 2021
- Eric F. Purcell, Vice Chair, Louisa District, term expires December 31, 2023
- Duane Adams, Mineral District, term expires December 31, 2021
- Tommy Barlow, Mountain Road District, term expires December 31, 2021
- Fitzgerald D. Barnes, Patrick Henry District, term expires December 31, 2021
- Willie L. Gentry, Jr, Cuckoo District, term expires December 31, 2023
- R.T. "Toni" Williams, Jr, Jackson District, term expires December 31, 2023
- Holly Reynolds, Chair
- Gordon Brooks, Vice Chair
- Ellis Quarles
- Cyrus Weaver
- George Goodwin
- Greg Jones
- John Disosway
- Tommy Barlow, Board of Supervisors liaison
- Ed Jarvis, Town of Mineral representative
Donnie Lowe was elected as Sheriff.
Commonwealth's Attorney R.E. "Rusty" McGuire ran unopposed and was re-elected.
Treasurer Henry B. Wash was re-elected after running unopposed.
Willie L. Gentry, Jr was re-elected as supervisor for the Cuckoo District.
Eric F. Purcell was elected to the Louisa District.
R.T. "Toni" Williams, Jr was re-elected for the Jackson District.
Stacey Coleman Fletcher won re-election as Commissioner of Revenue.
The Louisa County Water Authority provides drinking water and treats wastewater for regions under its jurisdictional footprint. 
- Northeast Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant (NEC WTP)
- Zion Crossroads Wastewater Treatment Plant (ZCWWTP)
- Louisa Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant (LRWWPT)
There is a Louisa County Landfill that is still operational. The Board of Supervisors approved a new solid waste disposal cell at its meeting on September 4, 2019 at a cost of $2.4 million. 
- Web. Analyzing area's growth will be key for future planning, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, February 5, 2011, retrieved February 9, 2011.
- Web. Virginia Population Estimates, Website, Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service, January 30, 2017, retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Web. Some incumbents ousted across Central Virginia, Ruth Serven Smith, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, November 5, 2019, retrieved November 16, 2019.
- Web. Unofficial Results for Louisa County, Virginia State Board of Elections, November 6, 2019, retrieved November 16, 2019.
- Web. Agenda Packet for August 5, 2019 Louisa Board of Supervisors Meeting, Louisa County, retrieved August 4, 2019.