John Whitehead is the founder and president of The Rutherford Institute. He was born in Tennessee in 1946 and lives in Charlottesville. After working with the ACLU, he started the Rutherford Institute in 1982.
Local Work with the Rutherford Institute
- In 2009, Whitehead wrote a letter to the Virginia Department of Corrections in response to a ban against the "Books Behind Bars" program. The ban was lifted.
- Web. Suing the president: 10 years later, John Whitehead looks back at Jones v. Clinton, Lindsay Barnes III, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, retrieved 25 July 2012. Print. 24 January 2008 , #0704, .
- Web. The Rutherford Institute: About Us, retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Web. Controversial constitutionalist: 30 years of defending the people, Lisa Provence, The Hook, Better Publications LLC, 24 July 2012, retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Web. Albemarle's Rutherford Institute turns 30 today, Bryan McKenzie, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, retrieved 24 July 2012.