Great Eastern Management Company
Great Eastern Management Company is a real estate management and property developer of office, retail and multi-family residential properties in Charlottesville, Harrisonburg and Lynchburg. The company employees around forty full-time employees. .
Great Eastern was created in 1972 by Charles Rotgin, Jr..
In March 2013, a Great Eastern Management Company related entity, Sequel Investors, LP, together with Pepsi Cola Bottling Company of Central Virginia, owner of the adjacent bottling facility,filed a lawsuit against Edens alleging that the development of Stonefield would flood a stormwater detention facility jointly owned by Pepsi and Sequel.  Judge Cheryl V. Higgins ruled in favor of Stonefield in late November 2014.  Pepsi and Sequel appealed to the Virginia Supreme Court, which granted the appeal, but in January 2016, on a motion from Edens, dismissed the case as a result of a technical printing error on the appeal.
Great Eastern and its affiliated business entities have developed Stonehenge, Bennington Woods, Georgetown Court and Grassmere Farm, developed and constructed a General Electric facility in the Northside Industrial Park, a Division of Motor Vehicles branch office, a terminal expansion for the Charlottesville/Albemarle Airport, the 2400 Old Ivy Road Office Building, the Court Square Office Building, the Rio East Commercial Aarea, the Waterhouse (WorldStrides) Office Building, the Pantops and Seminole Square Shopping Centers, and the Module 21, Westgate, Barclay Place and Solomon Court Apartments. Great Eastern also renovated the Tarleton Square Building (apartments and offices) and joint ventured with the Charlotte, N.C. firm of David R. Krug and Associates, Inc. to successfully convert the Charlottesville Towers Apartments to a condominium.
- Barclay Place Apartments
- Charlottesville Towers Condominiums
- East Jefferson Place (in planning stages)
- Park Apartments (Harrisonburg)
- Solomon Court Condominiums
- Tarleton Square Apartments
- Westgate Apartments
Neighborhood Model Developments
Retail Shopping Centers
- Court Square Office Building 
- Waterhouse (WorldStrides) Office Building
- Jefferson Medical Building 
- Tarleton Square Office Suites 
- Charles Rotgin, Jr., President and CEO
- Donald J. Wagner, Vice Chairman and former President
- Donald P. Shiflett, Secretary/Controller
- Robert J. Neil, CPA, Assistant Controller
- David G. Mitchell, Construction Manager, Residential and Commercial Projects
- John E. Neal, Director of Property Operations
- Ronald B. Smith, Manager, Construction and Facilities
- Richard S. Shank, Architect and partner in development activities.
- Andrew F. Boninti Responsible for leasing of commercial properties
- Darnell Taylor Manager, Facilities and Maintenance
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 GEMC Background information Blue Ridge Shopping Center, Great Eastern Management Company, 27 Mar. 2009. retrieved 10 July 2009.
- ↑ .
- ↑ Web. Businesses near Stonefield file suit against Albemarle and Charlottesville, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, March 25, 2013, retrieved March 27, 2013.
- ↑ Web. Albemarle judge rules in favor of Stonefield in stormwater case, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, December 3, 2014, retrieved December 8, 2014.