Gabe Silverman was a developer who worked on projects in Charlottesville and Albemarle County. He was partners with Allan Cadgene. In 1996, the Daily Progress named him as one of its "Daily Progress Distinguished Dozen." Silverman died in November 2013 at the age of 72. 
Silverman was born in Juarez, Mexico and became a U.S. Citizen at the age of 19. He graduated from the University of California-Berkeley and moved to the Charlottesville area with his wife in the late 1980's..
- Amtrak lot and station on West Main
- Main Street Market
- Redevelopment of C&R Auto Service on West Main Street
- The Ix Project
- Web. , Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, retrieved November 15, 2010.
- Web. Gabe Silverman Has Died, Waldk Jaquith, cvillenews, November 10, 2013, retrieved November 11, 2013.
- Charlottesville-Right Now; Gabe Silverman, Interview with Coy Barefoot, Charlottesville Right Now, via Charlottesville Podcasting Network, July 30, 2009. Retrieved 9 Aug 2009.
- Web. Silverman plots West Main biz amidst dust-up, Chiara Canzi, C-VILLE Weekly, Portico Publications, October 26, 2010, retrieved October 26, 2010. Print. October 26, 2010 .
- Web. The Ix Project, retrieved October 26, 2010.