Forest Lakes Community Association
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
In 2010, members are required to pay $780 in quarterly installments
Board of Directors
- Chris Hapgood, President
- Fulton Gaylord, Vice President
- Rich Hooper, Secretary
- Scott Elliff, Treasurer
- Carmine Covais
- Sue Friedman
- Steve Janes
- David Shifflett, Jr. (2005 to 2016, resigned March 1, 2016) 
Controversy over culling of geese
In July 2010, around 90 geese near the Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport were culled to reduce the risk of colliding with aircraft. The association defended the decision despite protests from some residents that actions were too harsh.
Lawsuit against Wendell Wood
In 2011, the association and the Hollymead Citizens Association filed a lawsuit against the United Land Corporation seeking $3.5 million in damages for alleged pollution to Lake Hollymead and Powell's Creek caused by the development of the Hollymead Town Center. 
- "About." Forest Lakes Community Association. Web. 03 Aug. 2010. <http://www.forestlakes.net/about.html>.
- "FAQs and Info." Forest Lakes Community Association. Web. 03 Aug. 2010. <http://www.forestlakes.net/faqs.html>.
- E-mail. Forest Lakes Community Manager, Forest Hills Community Association. "MARCH 2016 NEWSLETTER." Message to Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow. March 7, 2016.
- Web. Community Association Defends Forest Lakes Goose Removal, Strong, Ted, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, 03 Aug. 2010
- Web. Forest Lakes, Hollymead sue over runoff, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, August 8, 2011, retrieved August 3, 2011.