Fontaine Fire Station
In December 2013, the city of Charlottesville opened a new $14 million fire station on Fontaine Avenue to house Station 10, a crew that had been on Ivy Road. When completed, the station will service western Charlottesville and portions of Albemarle County. The city had hoped to open the station in the spring of 2013. 
The station is being built at 2408 Fontaine Avenue at the corner of Summit Street. The city acquired the property in January 2010 and has attained a critical slopes waiver and a certificate of compliance with the city's entrance corridor guidelines. in the summer of 2010, the city opted to expand the project slightly and purchased an adjoining property. In 2010, the city also purchased an adjoining property at 110 Summit Avenue to make room for underground parking for 32 cars.
The project had been budgeted to cost $15.5 million.
Final completion of the project had been scheduled for May 18, 2013.
Costello filed a $1.6 million lawsuit against the city in February 2015 claiming they have not been paid for several hundreds of thousands in change orders. 
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) awarded the station with a platinum Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) certification at the Platinum level. 
- Entrance Corridor Review Board, grants a certificate of appropriateness for design. 
- December 18, 2013: Media tour scheduled 
- E-mail. Mike Mollica, City of Charlottesville. "questions about fire station." Message to Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow. August 10, 2011.
- Web. Charlottesville seeks top ranking with $14M firehouse, Aaron Richardson, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, December 14, 2013, retrieved December 16, 2013.
- Web. Planning commission grants design approval for Martha Jefferson reuse, Sean Tubbs, Charlottesville Tomorrow, August 10, 2011, retrieved December 16, 2013.
- Web. June 2012 Construction Report, Department of Public Works, City of Charlottesville, retrieved June 28, 2012.
- Web. Fontaine fire station contractor files $1.6 million suit against Charlottesville, Katy Burnell Evans, Daily Progress, World Media Enterprises, February 21, 2015, retrieved January 28, 2015.
- Web. Fontaine Fire Station Awarded USGBC LEED Platinum Certification, Press Release, City of Charlottesville, March 22, 2016, retrieved December 31, 2016.
- Web. Fontaine Fire Station, Costello Construction, retrieved December 16, 2013.
- Web. Fontaine Fire Station, Creative Electrical, retrieved December 16, 2013.