Fluvanna County is on the southeastern border of Albemarle County.
|An article on Wikipedia has information about Fluvanna County in areas beyond Albemarle County's borders.|
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
Fluvanna is a member of the Thomas Jefferson Planning District.
There is a five member Board of Supervisors. Eric Dahl is the county administrator.
- Mozell H. Booker, Fork Union District
- Patricia B. Eager, Palmyra District
- Anthony P. O’Brien, Rivanna District
- John M. Sheridan, Columbia District
- Donald W. Weaver, Cunningham District
Treasurer Linda H. Lenherr was re-elected.
A.M. "Mel" Sheridan Jr was re-elected as Commissioner of Revenue.
Commonwealth's Attorney Jeffrey W. Haislip was unopposed for another term.
Mozell H. Booker was re-elected to represent the Fork Union District on the Board of Supervisors.
Patricia B. Eager was re-elected to represent the Palmyra District on the Board of Supervisors.
Eric B. Hess was re-elected as Sheriff.
Angus A. Murdock and Tom Pratley won seats on the Thomas Jefferson Soil and Water Conservation District.  
Supervisors voted to advertise a tax rate of $0.884 per $100 of assessed value, lower than the FY21 rate of $0.925. 
Fluvanna County experienced significant budget shortfalls for the 2013 fiscal year, resulting in complete cuts to funding for regional groups Jefferson Area Board for Aging, JAUNT, Offender Aid and Restoration and StreamWatch.
The nonprofit Fluvanna Heritage Trail Foundation is working with the county to build a series of pathways across the community. In April 2017 the group announced plans to build a 2.5 mile trail near Lake Monticello called the Crofton Trail. 
Fluvanna is seeking to expand its water supply by building a pipe from the James River. But people in the Point of Fork area are concerned it will affect a Revolutionary War battlefield and hurt their quality of life. County officials say they need to secure resources for the future. 
- Web. Some incumbents ousted across Central Virginia, Ruth Serven Smith, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, November 5, 2019, retrieved November 16, 2019.
- Web. Unofficial Results for Buckingham County, Virginia State Board of Elections, November 6, 2019, retrieved November 16, 2019.
- Web. Supervisors eye budget and tax rates, Heather Michon, News Article, Fluvanna Review, April 2021, retrieved April 24, 2021.
- Web. JAUNT to end bus service in Fluvanna, Bryan McKenzie, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, May 9 2012
- Web. Analyzing area's growth will be key for future planning, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, February 5, 2011, retrieved February 9, 2011.
- Web. Virginia Population Estimates, Website, Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service, January 30, 2017, retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Web. Fluvanna County Unveils Plans for Riverside Trails, Matt Telheim, News Article, NBC29, April 4, 2017, retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Web. Fluvanna County Neighbors Rally Against Proposed Water Lines, Sean Cudahy, NBC29, October 16, 2015, retrieved October 18, 2015.