Edward H. Bain, Jr.
|Edward H. Bain, Jr.|
|Electoral District||Samuel Miller|
|Preceded by||Gerald E. Fisher|
|Succeeded by||Sally Thomas|
|Date of birth||November 15, 1940
|Alma mater||B.A. Belmont Abbey; J.D. UVa|
Edward H. "Ed" Bain, Jr. (November 15, 1940, Crozet) is an attorney and member of the firm Boyle Bain Reback & Slayton. Bain is the Charlottesville Commissioner of Accounts, and a former Supervisor and School Board member for Albemarle County's Samuel Miller Magisterial District.
Bain was appointed to represent the Samuel Miller District on the county school board in early 1986.  He would serve as chairman for a total of almost 12 years, the longest tenure since 1943. 
Bain dropped out of the race for re-election to the Board of Supervisors in the summer of 1993.
- Web. About Boyle Bain Reback & Slayton, Boyle Bain Reback & Slayton, retrieved 4 Dec 2009.
- Web. Board of Directors: Ed Bain, Association for Conservation Real Estate, retrieved 4 Dec 2009.
- Print: Supervisors Name 3 to School Board, Kathy Hoke, Daily Progress, Worrell Newspaper group January 4, 1986, Page B1.
- Web. Supervisors Clarify Scale For Putting Tax Value on Livestock, Staff Reports, Daily Progress Digitized Microfilm, Lindsay family, January 29, 1952, retrieved January 28, 2017 from University of Virginia Library.
- Web. The write stuff: Can write-in votes resurrect Meredith Richards?, Fishbowl, Cville Weekly, retrieved 4 Dec 2009.
- Web. Election Results for Albemarle County, November 7, 1989, retrieved June 5, 2020.
- Web. TJACH Board Members Appointed, eNews, Fall 2008 • Issue 4, TJPDC, retrieved 4 Dec 2009.