Ebenezer Baptist Church
The Ebenezer Baptist Church was was founded on March 25, 1892 by Reverend Alexander Truatt. The original building was destroyed by a fire in 1907 and was rebuilt in the same location. The church features a Roosevelt Pipe Organ, one of only 300 made.  The organ was purchased from First Presbyterian Church.
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
History Week Celebration and more images
On May 29, 2012, Ebenezer Baptist Church opened its doors to the community as part of the city's 250th celebration. The program included a brief historical overview provided by Zelda Mitchell, a greeting from Pastor Lehman D. Bates, II, and a church tour by Deacon Kenneth Page.
Pastor Lehman D. Bates, II
Pastors and Reverends
- Alexander Truatt
- C.N. Granison
- Wilson Carter
- C.N. Harris
- A.B. Coleman
- Thomas Briggs
- E.J. Jackson
- Thomas D. Atkins
- Edward D. McCreary, Sr.
- Elisha G. Hall
- Lehman D. Bates, II
|This is a featured article. Learn more about Charlottesville's 250th Anniversary in cvillepedia.|
- Web. Our History, retrieved 17 may 2012. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "A" defined multiple times with different content