Earlysville Union Church

From Cvillepedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Earlysville Union Church was built in 1833. It is listed on the Virginia Landmarks Register on September 17, 1997 and the National Register of Historic Places on December 11, 1997. [1]

Logo-small25.jpg This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.

Narrative from Virginia Landmarks Registry

"Earlysville Union Church was built in 1833 on land donated by John Early, who gave his name to the surrounding village. The church is a simple frame building with two doors at its eastern gable end. Its simple but solid construction is typical of that used in the northwestern Blue Ridge Mountain foothills of Albemarle County. The church served as a house of worship for congregations of Baptists, Methodists, and Presbyterians, and, most recently, as a Sunday School. The interior worship space is simple; the pews are its most elaborate feature. Rehabilitated in the 1880s, the church is a central landmark in the village of Earlysville."


  1. Web. 002-0449 Earlysville Union Church, Virginia Landmarks Register, April 4, 2018, retrieved January 19, 2020.

External Links