David P. Bowerman
Albemarle County Board of Supervisors
|Preceded by||Patricia H. Cooke|
|Succeeded by||David Slutzky|
|Preceded by||Frederick R. Bowie|
|Succeeded by||Walter F. Perkins|
|Date of birth||March 9, 1944|
|Date of death||March 23, 2020 |
|Place of birth||Columbus, Ohio|
|Place of death||Charlottesville, VA|
|Spouse||Millicent (Mimi) Bowerman|
|Alma mater||Ohio State University|
David Bowerman (March 9, 1944-March 23, 2020) served on the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors from 1989 to 2005, representing the Rio Magisterial District. He was chairman of the Albemarle County Planning Commission in April 1986.  He had been appointed to a second term in January 1986. 
Bowerman was born in Columbus, Ohio, on March 9, 1944. He graduated from the Ohio State University in 1967 with a degree in business and managerial economics. He served in the Ohio Air National Guard from 1967 to 1972. He and his wife Mimi moved to the Charlottesville area in 1977. He became active in politics and spent ten years on the Planning Commission before being elected to represent the Rio District. He served for 16 years. 
Like many supervisors during his tenure, Bowerman was cautious when it came to economic development. 
After he left the Board, he appeared at a League of Women Voters of the Charlottesville Area panel discussion on Global Warming along with former Charlottesville Mayor Maurice Cox. 
2001 election for Board of Supervisors
In 2001, Bowerman's opponent was Thomas Jakubowski, marketing director for Ragazzi's restaurant. In 2001, Jakubowski challenged incumbent Supervisor David P. Bowerman on an anti-tax increase platform, losing with 897 votes to Bowerman’s 3,085.
|David P. Bowerman incumbent||3,085||77.07|
|Thomas J. Jakubowski||897||22.41|
1997 election for Board of Supervisors
|David P. Bowerman||2,800||100.00|
1989 election for Board of Supervisors
|This biographical article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
- Web. Notable Charlottesville-area deaths of the past year, Staff reports, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, January 3, 2021, retrieved January 3, 2021.
- Web. County of Albemarle, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors Minutes, Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, Albemarle County, April 2, 1986, retrieved May 26, 2019.
- Print: Supervisors Name 3 to School Board, Kathy Hoke, Daily Progress, Worrell Newspaper group January 4, 1986, Page B1.
- Web. Board of Zoning Appealrs, Albemarle County, retrieved June 15, 2019.
- Web. Bowerman, David, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, March 29, 2020, retrieved March 29, 2020.
- Print: In Goochland, a cautionary tale, Brian Root, Daily Progress, Media General April 10, 1998, Page A1.
- Web. Global Warming: What can local governments do?, Sean Tubbs, Podcast, Charlottesville Podcasting Network, February 28, 2007, retrieved March 27, 2021.
- John Yellig and Julie Stavitski, The Daily Progress, April 19, 2005) (via Loper)
- Web. Election Results for Albemarle County, November 7, 1989, retrieved June 5, 2020.