Curry School of Education and Human Development
The Curry School of Education and Human Development at the University of Virginia was founded in 1905 after philanthropist John D. Rockefeller Sr. made a $1 million gift to UVa. Rockefeller made the gift under the condition that the school be named for Jabez Lamar Monroe Curry, an education reformer.
In November 2018, school official announced it would consider renaming the school because Curry was connected to the Confederacy and slavery. On November 19, 2019, the school launched a website on his life and that of William Henry Ruffner. One of the school's buildings is named for Ruffner, who has similar ties. 
|This article is a stub. You can help cvillepedia by expanding it.|
|This topic is well-covered by the wikipedia article Curry School of Education|
Joint program with area schools
In March 2013, the school announced a joint engineering program with the UVA School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Albemarle County Public Schools and Charlottesville public schools. Classes in advanced manufacturing will be held at Buford Middle School and Jack Jouett Middle School. 
- Web. Curry History Timeline, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, retrieved August 30, 2012.
- Web. Curry seeking public comment about renaming effort, Staff Reports, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, November 19, 2019, retrieved November 20, 2019. Print. November 20, 2019 page A1.
- Web. UVa establishes new engineering program with Charlottesville, Albemarle schools, Daily Progress Staff Reports, Daily Progress, Lee Enterprises, March 1, 2013, retrieved March 5, 2013.